Prohibited Items - International Express
Why are some items prohibited?It's very important not to ship prohibited and dangerous items as Express shipments. While some may initially appear harmless, under certain conditions they can easily become dangerous. Air and temperature changes, for example, could cause a prohibited item to leak, ignite or explode.
Dangerous Goods are goods or substances which can pose a threat to health, safety or the environment and are not allowed to be shipped as Express shipments.
Prohibited items are goods that are not allowed under the provisions of any law, notices, order or system issued by a legally authorized agency, and therefore can't enter the country.
Restricted items Restricted Items are related to commodity, value, quantity and local country laws and regulations. These goods require approval from the designated authorities prior to importing into a country.
- Indian Postal Articles
- Liquids & Semi-liquids
- Philately Items
- Drugs and Narcotics
- Firearms, parts thereof and ammunition
- Precious & Semi-Precious Items
- Radioactive Material
- Commodities banned by Law at any given time without prior notice
- All IATA Restricted Items and Dangerous goods
- Electronic and Electrical Products and Spare Parts with battery source
- Corpses, cremated or disinterred remains
- Foodstuffs/Perishable (Food and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control)
- Gambling Devices: Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by national, provincial, state or local law.
- Live animals and plants
- Money (Coins, Cash currency, Paper money and Negotiable Instruments.
- Dry Ice (including that used for packaging).
- Any shipment which would be likely to cause damage, or delay to equipment, personnel or other shipments.
- Any shipment which may require the carrier to obtain a license for its transportation.
- Any item whose carriage is prohibited by any law, statute or regulations of the country of origin or destination, or of any country through which the shipment may transit.
Please contact Orbit Express for further details